Mental Tricks and Wisdom To Transcend Lust Part 1

Very well written

Very well articulated

Thank you. Very helpful

Super knowledge

Thanks for Preventing me from ruining my Mood:pray:

Thank you for saving me today. I was about to loose my control but after reading this I felt ease and quiet in me.

I loved your discussion under “2) Who are you?” I reflect on these topics quite a bit.

Very good !

So if we are not our bodies or our thoughts, what exactly are we?

That’s something you have to ask yourself and contemplate. Through regular practice of meditation and present moment mindfulness I think I’m getting clues about what it’s like to be just consciousness, awareness or observer, choosing to play a character, like a an actor/actress.

Helpful. Now the hard part is to force myself to make the time to think like this and to reinforce the thinking when it seams like more of a hassle than a good mindset.

this literally opened my perception about life

I just watched a video about how you are not your thoughts. If you stay present you can catch your mind auto running scripts of old programmed thoughts. The key is to be able to mentally take a step back and just watch those thoughts pass by, like a cloud in the sky. Once you can separate your higher mind from your “laptop mind” and it’s stored files and programming, then you can truly be in control and be the author or the driver of your mind. Practice mindfulness and being present. Thoughts are like clouds they come & go… sometimes it rains for multiple days… but eventually the sky clears up.
Peace + Power

Amazingly profound and thought provoking. Never seen it like this before and yet in the depth of my conciousness I knew this to be the truth.

Very eye opening perspective in todays society, Appreciate it mate. :call_me_hand:t4:

Decided to start using the forum after failing two wars in a row, I can’t believe I didn’t use it sooner knowing there are posts like this. Thank you for sharing.

I like to think of it like this:

Body: Hardware - This is your physical self; your blood, flesh and bones.
Mind: Software - These are the subconscious processes that you have developed over time i.e. walking, running, speech; your basic forms of action that you no longer have to think about.
Soul: User - The driving force behind everything; this where your individuality lies and where you accumulate experiences and memories.

It’s not a perfect system but it helps me to differentiate the aspects of the self.

I’m a programmer; if that wasn’t obvious.:sweat_smile:

1. @PierceFranklin My Man Very Wise Words From A Wise Person.

2. I Really Liked The Second Section (I Guess It Resonated With Me) Especially With Today’s Gucci-Society It Is All About To Show Off And Fake Appearances But I Can Not Really Blame The Society Rather The Capitalistic System We Live In And The Magical Marketing Strategies They Are Using.
    I Recently Realised The Importance Of What ME Like To Wear And What Is My Own Self-Image That Is The Most Important I Don’t Give A FU** Of Gucci Armani, LV, Adidas Anymore.
    Conclusion Is Be Yourselves GUYS Don’t Copy The Others PLEASE BE YOURSELF AND SEE THE MAGICAL INNER-PEACE AND ATTRACTION YOU WILL GAIN. What Is Your Self-Image Of Yourself? Find It and Then Be One With It.

3. I Also Liked The Last Part “YOU ARE NOT YOUR THOUGHTS” And THEN ASKED MYSELF ARE EMOTIONS JUST THOUGHTS AND MADE A LITTLE RESEARCH HMM? I FIGURED OUT I HAD RIGHT (TRICK NEVER SECOND GUESS YOURSELF GUYS ALWAYS THE FIRST GUESS IS MORE LIKELY TO BE RIGHT :wink: ).
    The Conclusion is That "EMOTIONS ARE UNCONSCIOUS THOUGHTS WHICH RESULTS IN FEELINGS (Here Is The Link If You Want To Dig More Deeper: https://cnx.org/contents/vsCCnNdd@150/The-Psychology-Of-Emotions-Feelings-and-Thoughts#:~:text=Even%20emotion%20results%20in%20a,going%20to%20result%20in%20feelings.)

Thank You All And I Wish Everyone A Contionous Good Progress In All Life-Battles.

Well written. That was a really good read.