Thoughts of the past habits and urges troubling me

Hello Warriors,
I have started my nofap journey with conquered self since the past 4 days and I’ve been doing pretty decent. I’ve read the agent ghost method and have been following it diligently and a few other strategies that I feel will help me.
There is one thing that I feel I’m not able to get a hold of is that sometimes I get troubled by intrusive thoughts and memories of the Past that remind me of all the nasty things that I was up-to and how they were a part of my life as I was used to them for years.
These thoughts keep triggering urges and sometimes make me feel like they’re a normal. (when they are not. This is my brain sometimes telling me that how PMO was a very normal part of my life for so long)
These thoughts and urges sometimes shake my ground. Otherwise I’m doing really well.
Can someone please help a fellow brother combat this?

Yo man, I have been battling urges and thoughts too. I found it most effective is to let it slide, you begin noticing them and you just don’t do a thing. The thought might come in a whirlwind or so but just keep still.

Either close your eyes, meditate, and talk to yourself, or tire yourself out with 50 pushups. Both ways are tiring and requires discipline.

I have my memories come back in my mind and when I read about other people’s post, it triggers an image in mind too, I just let that slide like a hydro-phobic leaf. The crude water of PMO can’t touch me.

Stay strong, man. Post more if you need. We will help you tirelessly.

Just another trick your brain is playing on you to dwell on the past and make you relapse. Be in control of your own mind, you make the decisions not your mind.

Thank you, brother. This helps a lot :pray:

I have been facing a lot of difficulty in trying to control my mind and its thoughts. I understand that discipline is the key here. Going to work on it hard from now. Discipline is going to be my top most priority over anything in my life hereafter.

Controlling your mind doesn’t just come from No fap…you gotta dig deeper to get true control. That is, working out, reading, diet, doing the tasks you need to do(At work or in my case running a business). Being accountable to every action. Be PISSED off for greatness. Life is too short to be wasting time. This recently hit me, and now I am never ever going back to letting my mind control me. I will forever control it.