Tips to prevent the urges

Hi guys, 10 days complete here however from previous experience it only takes one moment of madness to relapse what are your tips for when the inevitable urge hits and how to snap out of it.
Thanks

For me i either do some pushups or maybe an ab workout, something that doesnt require weights just your body my man, go on a walk if you want to. If you have a bike, go on a bike ride, go to a public place by either walking or biking man.

It will keep your mind off things, you got this. Keep encouraging yourself and remind yourself what you are doing this for.

The more I cover my health basics (exercise, meditation, finances, interpersonal relations, healthy use of psychoactive substances) the easier it is to handle the cravings.

For me, when the cravings up I remind myself of the difference between stress and eustress. Stress we all know, eustress is “moderate or normal psychological stress interpreted as being beneficial for the experiencer.”

Each time the cravings hit, I feel the charge of it in the body/mind. I breath, stand still, let it be, and let my capacity expand. Then feel it out intuitively. Is it best to call someone? Hop on the message board? Go for a run? Journal? Or was breathing and allowing yourself to grow in face of the challenge enough?

And I remind myself that this isn’t just about me. Every improvement I make for my own genuine growth, can and will spill over to better the lives of those around.

Great reply, wow thank you.

Hard to admit but I relapsed Sunday and the main reason is the come down from a ‘psychoactive substance’ alcohol which happens far too often. I have a disciplined stressful life of running a business as well as undertaking a masters degree so allowing myself to have a day off with friends to go watch football (soccer for USA), drink and go clubbing, this produces a huge dopamine surge. The following day all my discipline seems to fade and my urges are crazy, I definitely need to prepare better in future towards nights out etc. All about getting back on track now and not spiraling into a big binge.

I’m glad you found value in the post.

I appreciate your sharing a relapse. That takes courage. That’s the kind of strength we all need as we reach for success.

Recognizing triggers is huge. Consider giving your self some time to deeply recover before putting yourself in difficult situations, but ultimately, follow your gut and intuition!

Feel free to message me if you’re ever craving. I have been checking the forum once a day, but I believe there are also discord/telegraph options available where you might be able to find quicker support from the community.

Thank you, yes now that the war has started I will try to be more active on forums etc I think there is a facebook group. I have yet to really reach out for support in the past so best to give it a go.